1st July 2019 to 30th June 2020
Join Online by completing the form on this page or
- The opportunity to be a participant of a premium Blackheath tourist attraction...the beautiful Campbell Rhododendron Gardens
- Be part of an active long-established community group
- Attend the General Meetings, held every two months, where well-known Guest Speakers are invited to tell of their fascinating experiences
- Be involved in helping with the upkeep of the Gardens through joining the Monday Volunteers (nicknamed the MonVols)
- Meet interesting like-minded Rhododendron-loving locals
- Learn more about the Genus Rhododendron through discussions and our Rhododendron study group [still to be formed]
- Borrow from our extensive library which covers topics from the history of the discovery of Rhododendrons to an exploration of Woodland Gardens which nurture these plants
- By joining the Management Committee, you will be able to contribute your many life-skills and world-experiences to help manage the Gardens
- Be an ambassador for and help to promote the Gardens during the Open Weeks
- And last but not least, make great life-long friendships!
New members are always very welcome.
Membership fees are just AUD$16.50 per annum (single), AUD$33.00 per annum (double).
We have six General Meetings a year, held on the third Saturday of every second month, at 2 pm, with the first meeting of the year being in February (the sixth one is a Christmas Luncheon for members). A special Guest Speaker is invited, and the talks are always stimulating and interesting. The meetings are open to the general public.
These meeting also allow members an opportunity to have a say in the management of the Gardens.
A Newsletter is published six times a year. It is distributed via email, by post or is hand-delivered.
Every Monday our wonderful volunteers work in the Gardens under the guidance of our Garden Supervisor, Dick Harris. This is rewarding and satisfying and your involvement would really make a difference.
In both Springtime and Autumn we have a large Working Bee which is attended by many volunteers and is important in the overall Garden management.
Our major fund-raising activity takes place at The Lodge in the Gardens each year, when the Rhodo Tea Room opens for 5-6 weeks, from early-October to mid-November. It is run by the Management Committee and willing volunteers from the Rhododendron Society, who serve teas and many other refreshments during this time (but not lunch). And there are lovely inexpensive souvenirs...2020 calendars, tea towels, greeting cards, mini jigsaw puzzles...for sale too. For the exact dates, please check our calendar.
It's always a joy to meet and talk to the visitors who come from all around the world.
Email the Secretary for more information.