1st July 2019 to 30th June 2020
Join Online by completing the form on this page or
- The opportunity to be a participant of a well established premium Blackheath tourist attraction - the beautiful Campbell Rhododendron Gardens
- Be part of an active long-established community group
- Take part in the General Meetings, held every two months, where well-known Speakers are appointed to tell of their fascinating experiences
- Permitted to help in the upkeep of the gardens through joining the Monday Volunteers
- Meet interesting likeminded Rhododendron-loving locals
- Learn more about the Genus Rhododendron through discussions and our Rhododendron study group (still to be formed)
- Borrow from our extensive library which covers topics from the history of the discovery of Rhododendrons to an exploration of Woodland Gardens which nurture these plants
- Ability to contribute your many life skills and world experiences to helping to manage the gardens - through joining the Management Committee
- Be an ambassador for and help promote the Gardens during the Open Weeks
- And last but not least, make great life-long friendships!
New members are always very welcome.
Membership fees are just AUD$16.50 per annum (single), AUD$33.00 per annum (double).
We have 6 meetings each year where a special guest gives a talk, and each meeting gives you an opportunity to have a say in the management of the Gardens.
A Newsletter is published 6 times a year. It is sent by email, by post or hand-delivered.
Every Monday our wonderful volunteers work in the Gardens under the guidance of our Garden Supervisor Dick Harris. This is rewarding and satisfying and your involvement would really make a difference.
In both the Spring and Autumn there is a large working bee which is attended by many volunteers and is important in the overall Garden management.
The General Meetings are held on the third Saturday of every second month, at 2 pm, with the first meeting of the year in February. These are always interesting and stimulating.
The Lodge in the Gardens opens from late September to early November. For the exact dates, please check our calendar. Volunteers from the Society and from the general community run the tea rooms during this time. This is our major fundraising activity for the year and it is joyful to talk to visitors from around the world.
Email the Secretary for more information.