1st July to 30th June EACH YEAR
Join Online by completing the form on this page or
- The opportunity to be a participant of a premium Blackheath tourist attraction...the beautiful Campbell Rhododendron Gardens
- Be part of an active long-established community group
- Attend the General Meetings, held every two months, where well-known Guest Speakers are invited to tell of their fascinating experiences
- Be involved in helping with the upkeep of the Gardens through joining the Monday Volunteers (nicknamed the MonVols)
- Meet interesting like-minded Rhododendron-loving locals
- Learn more about the Genus Rhododendron through discussions and our Rhododendron study group [still to be formed]
- Borrow from our extensive library which covers topics from the history of the discovery of Rhododendrons to an exploration of Woodland Gardens which nurture these plants
- By joining the Management Committee, you will be able to contribute your many life-skills and world-experiences to help manage the Gardens
- Be an ambassador for and help to promote the Gardens during the Open Weeks in Spring
- And last but not least, make great life-long friendships!
New members are always very welcome.
Membership fees are: Single: AUD$16.50 per annum (GST included); Double: AUD$33.00 per annum (GST included).
We have about five General Meetings a year, held on the third Saturday of every second month, at 2:00 pm, with the first meeting of the year being in February. A special Guest Speaker is invited, and the talks are always stimulating and entertaining. These meetings are open to the general public. The last gathering in December is a Christmas Luncheon for Members. Check the Calendar for dates and details.
These meeting also allow members an opportunity to have a say in the management of the Gardens.
A Newsletter is published four to six times a year. It is distributed via email (or by post to members without email).
Every Monday our wonderful volunteers—affectionately known as the ‘MonVols’—work in the Gardens, fulfilling numerous necessary tasks from planting, weeding, watering to general maintenance. This is both rewarding and satisfying, and your involvement would really make a difference to the upkeep.
In both springtime and autumn we have a special Working Bee, which is attended by many volunteers (who are not necessarily members) and this is important in the overall Gardens' management.
Our major fund-raising activity takes place at The Lodge in the Gardens each year—Open Weeks—when the Rhodo Tea Room opens for 5 weeks, from early-October to mid-November. This is run by the Management Committee and willing volunteers from the Rhododendron Society, who serve teas and many other refreshments during this time (but we don't offer lunch). For the exact dates, please check our calendar.
And there are lovely inexpensive Gardens souvenirs: calendars, tea towels, greeting cards, and mini jigsaw puzzle for sale.
It's always a joy for us to meet and talk to the visitors who come from all around the world.
Email the Secretary for more information.
Sadly, because of COVID-19 restrictions, and for everyone's safety, there will be no Open Weeks in 2020.