Garden venue hiring for wedding photography or Commercial photography/filming
- Book by using the form on this page.
- You will receive an email to your inbox with the next steps to finalise your booking.
- You will receive a receipt to your inbox from Stripe.
DOWNLOAD FORM TO BOOK
- Download and print the form
- Check FAQs
- Fill it in and send to Bookings.
- When confirmed, we will give you bank details for the direct debit payment.
- When confirmed, we will be in contact with you.
- We will send you a receipt.
Please contact Bookings for more information.
Terms and Conditions
Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are open to Vehicles from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in Summer and 9:00 to 4:00 in Winter, and at all times for Pedestrian access, every day of the year.
- All bookings are subject to availability of the Gardens.
- Wedding Photography & Filming: We request a donation please to the Campbell Rhododendron Gardens. Only the wedding party is permitted to attend.
- Online Donation payments can be made via the form on this page.
- Offline Donation payments may be made by cash, cheque, or direct deposit into our account.
- Commercial Location Photography or Filming: Application must be made to the Blue Mountains City Council for permission and paperwork.
- The Gardens cannot be closed to the public, so you may need to manage this and work around our visitors.
- Setting up time and packing downtime is to be included in the window of the time you have booked. Please adhere to these times.
- Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are not liable for circumstances beyond our control such as weather-related issues, flood, fire, acts of nature, road closures or technical problems with transport and energy supply, which may affect the facilities. Should the Gardens be closed due to any such unforeseen events, we shall have to cancel your booking. Campbell Rhododendron Gardens will refund any monies you have paid, but we will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss that you, the Hirer, may have incurred due to the cancellation.
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time.
- Insurance: The photographer in charge must be fully insured for the nature of the work.
Fire: Due to the nature and potential dangers related to an open fire, no fires are permitted on any account.
- Noise: You, the Hirer, and your staff /assistants /guests must please adhere to the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2008 which sets limits on the level of noise emissions from musical instruments or amplified sound.
- Grassed area: No stakes or sharp objects can be driven into the grass as there is a danger of piercing the irrigation system.
Also, heavy equipment, structures, or furniture must not be placed on the grassed area, under any circumstances. Campbell Rhododendron Gardens endeavours to protect the grass so it is aesthetically pleasing for all guests.
- Aerial photography: Drones may only be flown in the Gardens by a licensed, professional photographer, having obtained prior permission from the Management Committee.
- Damage: You, the Hirer, are responsible for the conduct of any assistants /visitors /guests you bring during the hire period, and for any damage caused by any person during the photoshoot. Campbell Rhododendron Gardens hold important plant collections and the cost of any damage will be charged to you.
- Rubbish removal: The Management Committee will ensure the site you have chosen is tidy and clean. Please remove any rubbish, or leftover food and drink, from the site on the day, and the area is left as immaculate as you found it.
- The Management Committee cannot take responsibility for any lost property belonging to you, the Hirer, and your visitors /guests. Any items left behind after your function will be held by the Management for 6 weeks. After this time it will be donated to charity or disposed of. If the Management Committee is required to return any found items to you this will incur a postal charge.
- Persons enter Campbell Rhododendron Gardens at their own risk.
Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are not liable for any injury suffered by you, the Hirer, or other persons hired or invited by you to the Property, and arising from participation in any activities on the Property.
- You, the Hirer, or any other person directly or indirectly associated with you, indemnifies Campbell Rhododendron Gardens against any claims, losses—personal property being lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed—costs and expenses, personal injury, death or permanent disability, arising from your use of the Property.
Applicants are reminded that the Gardens are open public space to pedestrians at all times. The vehicle entrance gates are opened at 9am and closed at 4pm daily, but adjustments to these times for the wedding guests is possible.
The Gardens have a series of nature walks leading to the valley floor and the lake with limited disabled access. However, it has many tranquil areas that can be enjoyed throughout the year.
April-May: spectacular autumn displays from deciduous trees followed by camellias.
September-October: spring blossoms and massed bulbs displays.
October-November: peak blooming time for rhododendrons and azaleas.
Due to its lack of facilities, The Lodge is not available for hire and would only be opened as a shelter from inclement weather.