We are perfect for wedding parties who would like to hold their ceremony in the natural settings of our Gardens.
For just a few guests, or up to one hundred, the Campbell Rhododendron Gardens offer a tranquil backdrop for your special day. Please reserve your date through our Booking process.
It is our pleasure to make your chosen area neat and tidy for your wedding.
- Book by using the form on this page.
Depending on the number of guests, you will pay a 50% upfront deposit.
- You will receive an email to your inbox with the next steps to finalise your booking.
- You will receive a receipt to your inbox from Stripe.
- You will be contacted prior to your event with details on how to make final payment online.
DOWNLOAD FORM TO BOOK
- Download and print the form
- Check FAQs
- Fill it in and send to Bookings.
- When confirmed, we will give you bank details for the direct debit payment.
- When confirmed, we will be in contact with you.
- We will send you a receipt.
Please contact Bookings for more information.
Note that there is an influx of visitors to the Gardens during our ‘Open Weeks’ in October/November. This limits available parking so you should take this into consideration when planning your date.
Once we have received your request we will contact you to confirm your booking.
Terms and Conditions
Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are open to Vehicles from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in Summer and 9:00 to 4:00 in Winter, and at all times for Pedestrian access, every day of the year.
All bookings are subject to availability of the Gardens.
- There is a Total Booking Fee of $300 for a party of up to 50 people.
- There is a Total Booking Fee of $500 for a party of a maximum of 100 people.
Please ensure your event does not exceed the number of guests stated.
- An initial deposit— 50% of the Booking Fee—is payable to secure the venue for your requested date. The final 50% balance of the Booking Fee is payable one month prior to your function’s booked date.
- This deposit will be forfeited if a cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the booked date. Any cancellation will incur a $55 administration fee, and the balance will be reimbursed within 4 weeks.
- The deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is made earlier. But no second postponement will be permitted.
- Payments may be made by cash, cheque, or direct deposit into our account.
- The Gardens cannot be closed to the public, however, the site you have chosen for your function will be reserved for your use. You may not set up in any other area other than the section requested and hired.
- Setting up time and packing downtime is to be included in the window of the time you have booked. We request you please adhere to these times.
- Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are not liable for circumstances beyond our control such as: weather-related issues, flood, fire, acts of nature, road closures or technical problems with transport and energy supply, which may affect the facilities. Should the Gardens be closed due to any such unforeseen events, we shall have to cancel your booking. Campbell Rhododendron Gardens will refund any monies you have paid, but we will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss that you, the Hirer, may have incurred.
- An ‘inclement weather option’ may be available. Please discuss when booking.
- The Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time.
- Fire: Due to the nature and potential dangers related to an open fire, the lighting of fires is not permitted on any account.
- Candles: Naked candles are strictly prohibited from all outdoor areas for fire safety reasons. If used, they must be contained in a glass jar, or similar vessel, and be placed where they can be observed at all times.
- Noise: You and your guests must please to adhere to the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2008 which sets limits on the level of noise emissions from musical instruments or amplified sound.
- Grassed area: Tarpaulin or Marquees must not be erected.
Campbell Rhododendron Gardens endeavours to protect the grass so that it is aesthetically pleasing for all guests. There is also a danger of piercing the irrigation system, so no stakes can be driven into the ground.
You may bring a table and chairs for the signing of documents, but no structures or other furniture are to be placed on the grassed areas.
- Confetti: In order to preserve the natural beauty of the Gardens, we prohibit guests from throwing paper confetti, rice, rose petals or anything similar in these areas. These are not biodegradable and also are difficult to clean up. We suggest you make leaf confetti.
- Aerial photography: Drones may only be flown in the Gardens by a licensed, professional photographer, having obtained prior permission from the Management Committee.
- Damage: As the Hirer, you are responsible for the conduct of any visitors /guests during the hire period, and for any damage caused by any person during the function. Campbell Rhododendron Gardens hold important plant collections and the cost of any damage will be charged to you.
- Cleaning: The Management Committee will ensure the site you have chosen is tidy and clean prior to the event. Please remove any rubbish, or leftover food and drink, from the site on the day, and the area is left as immaculate as you found it.
- The Management Committee cannot take responsibility for any lost property belonging to you, the Hirer, and your visitors /guests. Any items left behind after your function will be held by the Management for 6 weeks. After this time it will be donated to charity or disposed of. If the Management Committee is required to return any found items to you this will incur a postal charge.
- Persons enter Campbell Rhododendron Gardens at their own risk.
Campbell Rhododendron Gardens are not liable for any injury suffered by you, the Hirer, or other persons hired or invited by you to the Property, and arising from participation in any activities on the Property.
- You, the Hirer, or any other person directly or indirectly associated with you, indemnifies Campbell Rhododendron Gardens against any claims, losses—personal property being lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed—costs and expenses, personal injury, death or permanent disability, arising from your use of the Property.
- Pryor Bridge Area – Apr 20 guests
- Bob McCullough Bridge – Apr 60 – 70 guests
- /3aGarden Shelter and Valley Area – Apr 100 guests
- Gazebo Top Garden Area – Apr 12 guests
- Lakeside Lookout – Photos Only
- Below the Lake – apr 50 guests
You can choose any spot in the Gardens you would like, providing that it is a safe location for the wedding party and your guests.
The garden volunteers will groom the selected wedding area during their regular working bee on the Monday preceding the date of the wedding. The organisers of the wedding are responsible for the removal of any rubbish generated by the occasion.
The Gardens are an extremely popular venue for small weddings (up to 100 guests) and post-wedding photos.
The entrance to the Gardens is in Bacchante Street, Blackheath. The car park area is fully sealed with generous parking for approximately 40 cars. Additional parking is available outside the main gate.
The service road into the valley is not sealed and has restricted access. It can be opened (by a Gardens’ volunteer) to allow the wedding car and disabled guests to drive down but NOT general guests. This must be organised with the Secretary.
Applicants are reminded that the Gardens are open public space to pedestrians at all times. The vehicle entrance gates are opened at 9am and closed at 4pm daily, but adjustments to these times for the wedding guests is possible.
The Gardens have a series of nature walks leading to the valley floor and the lake with limited disabled access. However, it has many tranquil areas that can be enjoyed throughout the year.
April-May: spectacular autumn displays from deciduous trees followed by camellias.
September-October: spring blossoms and massed bulbs displays.
October-November: peak blooming time for rhododendrons and azaleas.
Due to its lack of facilities, The Lodge is not available for hire and would only be opened as a shelter from inclement weather.